Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My decent into madness


It all began in the winter of 2007. I was asked to join a group of friends on a trip. Now this was no ordinary trip. It was like nothing I had ever known or experienced before. It was up high, it was slippery and it showed no mercy. It was upon a mountain. A snow covered mountain and I found myself strapped into a contraption only known as a snow board.

At first, I could not even stand, as the snow would break away from underneath the board and when the goal of even standing had been accomplished, it was only for a few moments until I would crash back down to earth only to have had achieved a sore backside and the unimaginable frustration which was linked with the inability to snow board.

Since that time my determination to succeed, or more my determination not fail, has driven me to push myself to get back on the horse (so to speak) time and time again.
My new found passion has even led me across waters in the summer time, when it is terribly obviously that there is no snow to be ridden. This was in search of better weather that aka below zero which evidentially means snow fall.

No comments: